Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): smp.hometownmc.com

Minecraft name: LtBushyBoiRR

Reason for your ban: X-Ray acquaintance

Who banned you: melaniebeedot

Why should you be unbanned: I know that/why HomeTown has a strict zero-tolerance policy for X-Ray. It is clearly stated in the rules and in the tutorial that was taken at the very beginning of our HomeTown journey, and it was made clear many times afterwards. It provides players with the ability to see ores and obtain them in unfair ways. Although I was not the one who actually had the X-Ray pack downloaded, I still had full knowledge that my friend was using a cheat and I should've reminded him of the no-tolerance policy. Having full knowledge that somebody is cheating and playing along with it is just as bad as actually having the cheat. Although we did not originally intend to cheat with it, we gave in to temptation and began mining. Trying to hide something like this from server admin is a hassle for us and extra work for staff to have to ban people, and we are fighting a battle that we can't win. This was an extremely stupid and mindless mistake, and I have learned my lesson. If I do get unbanned, I will hand over all any/all materials that I have gained from this mining trip and promise to never cheat again.

Why do you want to come back:  I feel that I have learned my lesson. Having been banned once, especially for something like X-Ray, reminds me that if I get banned again, my chances of getting unbanned are almost 0%. This server means so much to me, and I love the community and the care they take of each other. Thank you for taking the time to read my appeal and I hope that you will consider making an exception from the no-tolerance/permanent ban policy.

Thank you for your honesty. It appears you have read up on your friend's appeal and understand all of the points I made regarding the rules broken here, so no need for me to explain again.

Your ban will be changed to a 30-day temp ban from the day you were originally banned, after which time you will be allowed to return to the server. All of your diamonds and diamond materials will already be removed from your possession and your balance will be reset.

In the mean time, I suggest you review our full rule book to ensure that you fully understand our rules and do not break any more in the future.

https://hometownmc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=13

Okay, thank you so much!