• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Server reset
/warp resource
Sorry about that whole “shooting you” thing, but I know if you look deep into your heart, which is currently all over that tree, you’ll find a way to forgive me.

[Image: GU8OFOr.png]

Thanks. Is it a shop? And once again. If the world resets do all of the build disappear too?

its not a shop, its another world, and if the primary world resets, all the builds in the primary world will. The resource world on the other hand resets occasionally and as such you are encouraged not to build a permanent structure there or it will be lost when the Resource world resets (I've lost a beacon this way)
Sorry about that whole “shooting you” thing, but I know if you look deep into your heart, which is currently all over that tree, you’ll find a way to forgive me.

I think it would be a good idea to no reset because here is why.

I don't wanna down load a seed
because it is pointless you will be all alone with no one just your self and most things I build are meant to be shared between everyone. lets at least consider building a off separate world or taking out all warps that have not been used in over a year because I know for a fact there are several like that that let be honest that would solve the land issue for a long time to come . because people that buy the houses in the towns will be pissed off at us the builders because their stuff is gone and they will demand a refund which some of us can not do even with cash leverage.

I have plenty of friend IG that have this money issue and just could not afford it.

I feel the best option is to make an official 1.9 world on the server like resource world. and also just role back and delete old towns and builds that are not used or have not been used in a very long time at least 3 months to a year old.

I'd probably start playing again if the world resets.  Everything has been the same on the server for a long time,  change keeps things interesting.  My best and favorite build is in the end and I wouldn't care if it gets erased.  Knowing that there is more stuff to do would really make it more interesting.

Side note: We could take full advantage of a world reset to fix the economy.  As I recently learned in my economics class,  more resources equals more production which leads to more growth.  Basically having a whole new map (land, ore,  new blocks and game aditions) our economy will actually grow and flourish.  I'll probably make a separate post going more in depth on this because I find it interesting and I'm a dork Smile  anyways,  I challenge everyone to think of the implications of a new world.  Cheers!

(03-04-2016, 08:37 AM)The_Ender_Fox Wrote: Side note: We could take full advantage of a world reset to fix the economy.  As I recently learned in my economics class,  more resources equals more production which leads to more growth.  Basically having a whole new map (land, ore,  new blocks and game aditions) our economy will actually grow and flourish.  I'll probably make a separate post going more in depth on this because I find it interesting and I'm a dork Smile  anyways,  I challenge everyone to think of the implications of a new world.  Cheers!

We don't need our economy to flourish. Inflation is already massive, and time has been spent trying to create money sinks to fix this. Speaking of which, it was mentioned that Mending would decrease the need for people to spend money on warp repair. Thing is, it's actually very good for our economy when people pay money to the server.

Also, there's a reason we haven't reset the world. There are far more people against it than for it. The "take one chest of stuff" thing is a absolutely ridiculous. People have spent tons of time gathering resources and something like this would be totally unnecessary and unfair. Also, how about people with large shops? emporium, kshop, 7/11, etc. Would the one chest rule apply to them too? I've spent months stocking warp emporium and now that it's finally open, if my ~200 chests of stuff got removed, I'd be livid.

Additionally, what about people with multiple builds? Many people, including myself, have quite a few builds that are important to them. It would take staff forever to transfer everything. Though there are some people that wouldn't mind losing all of their stuff, there is a significantly larger number who would. 

To address the abandoned build problem, there's an obvious and far better solution. We could just work on removing inactive builds. The unnecessary gets removed without affecting those who put effort into builds that deserve to be kept.

We'd likely end up with a lot of players quitting or becoming unmotivated (myself potentially included). Overall, this idea is impractical and has been shot down in the past for a damn good reason.

The sole purpose for this would be the books, and there is a very easy solution to this. 1.9 resource world. Easy. Done. No need to reset an entire world for a few books that can easily be found in temples in the resource world that will never be touched again once they've been raided.
you can't take trash out of the oven
[Image: UvdzAjN.png]

Frost has already stated there won't be a server reset in the foreseeable future. Even if one is eventually necessary, he seems to believe the old world and a new world can be concurrently maintained on the server without issue anyway. There is definitely no such need for it in 1.9 though - as has been stated the only new addition of any consequence is additional strongholds, which hold no unique items we can't get elsewhere much more easily and would be found in great number the next time the resource world gets reset.

Note the decision to not reset does not extend to side worlds like the Nether and End. Should circumstances require a reset for those, they're much more likely to get wiped clean than the main world is, though they'd need to be quite extenuating circumstances. The only thing I can currently think of is that Elytra might be prohibitively rare on multiplayer, and might require something more to make them more available.

Couldn't you just sell elytras through the /warp shop? They're pretty much the only item in the game that has no way to be farmed that is actually useful.

Yeah, we considered that, yet they are still supposed to be rare so we're not sure we want to go that route.

On the other hand, despite being rare they also hold little actual value for VIPs, who would likely want to get their hands on them just to sell to non-VIPs.

Maybe they could be very expensive (like $500) and could be non-resellable, like pstones. Or, if it becomes an issue, they could be completely non-transferable and gifting them would be prohibited.
you can't take trash out of the oven
[Image: UvdzAjN.png]